CRITERIA THAT UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO READERS WILL USE TO EVALUATE THE FINAL PORTFOLIO
Comprehensive Reflective Letter
- Correct formatting
- Over one page in length
- Addresses all four of the main areas stipulated on the assignment sheet
- Authentic and consistent voice; letter sounds serious and believable. Letter is more than just a list of answers to the questions, but actually addresses a reader.
- Letter is free of typos and has minimal mechanical errors.
- Thesis is clear, revelatory, and acts as a controlling idea for the essay.
- Paper provides clear support and evidence for the writer’s thesis/main claim.
- Tone and style of writing is appropriate for audience and purpose of paper.
- Shows clear evidence of critical reading ability: engages author’s main point/argument, grasps overall purpose of the reading, uses appropriate, concrete details.
- Clearly distinguishes their voice from others; use attributive tags or other identifying information, cites sources properly and without plagiarizing.
- Papers formatted according to MLA guidelines (Works Cited page, accurate in-text citations).
- Papers meet minimum length requirements for assignment.